Liran Donin’s 1000 Boats Bass player, composer and producer Liran Donin and his band 1000 Boats are returning to the Vortex for their first London debut since Covid, and will be showcasing some new material. Receive show updates, highlights and special offers by signing up to the Kings Place newsletter. Following a remarkable sold-out UK debut at Brilliant Corners, we are delighted to announce Sélène Saint-Aimé Trio will be performing at Kings Place as part of the EFG London https://www.theresearchgopop.com/ Festival. Renowned for his melodic and warmly lyrical trumpet playing, Chris Batchelor has been composing music for almost as long as he’s been performing, and will introduce Zoetic at Kings Place.
- You’ll also receive specialist tuition from visiting artists and musicians prolific on the professional jazz scene which can include participation in masterclasses and performance projects.
- John Etheridge’s Blue Spirits The Blue Spirits Trio John is leading tonight is a classic guitar-led jazz organ trio and showcases the bluesier side of John’s musical repertoire.
- Recent visiting tutors include saxophonists Tim Garland, Bob Mintzer and Chris Potter, and vibraphonist Victor Mendoza.
- The summer term culminates in a jazz festival at the College and both the festival and tour offer students a platform to showcase their work to new audiences and gain valuable professional experience.
- There are permanent drum kits, amps and pianos located in all of our jazz rooms, and a number of drum kits, amps, PAs, microphones and keyboards available to book out for personal practice and external gigs .
The Editor’s Choice albums from the April issue of Jazzwise, featuring Theo Croker, Joy Ellis,… Fred Thomas Elina Duni and Rob Luft’s programme of songs of love and exile has been gathering momentum since 2017, when the Albanian-Swiss singer and the British guitarist began their collaboration. Along the way the duo has been augmented by several distinguished guests, with multi-instrumentalist Fred Thomas making a significant contribution to the overarching concept.
Get Our Newsletter
She was a BBC New Generation Artist for 2015–17 and founded the Chaos Collective. She was awarded a 2015 Parlimentary https://www.wikipedia.org/ Award for Jazz Instumentalist of the Year. Her Mercury-nominated band Dinosaur received a rare 5-star review in The Guardian and have extensively toured Europe. The Editor’s Choice albums from the February issue of Jazzwise, featuring Mark Lockheart, Evan… The Editor’s Choice albums from the March issue of Jazzwise, featuring Melissa Aldana, Binker &…
With Oliver’s Jazz Club on our doorstep in Greenwich, our regular Beats in the Bar series at Blackheath Halls, and performances at the London Jazz Festival, there is always somewhere for you to display your talents. Our relationships with jazz clubs across the city result in regular performance opportunities at exciting venues, such as Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club, Southbank Centre, the Pizza Express Jazz Club in Dean Street and the Vortex Jazz Club. Our success in supporting students to develop their creative voices is reflected in the professional accomplishments of our graduates, who include many of London’s finest emerging jazz musicians. Classes are practice-based, with focus on jazz harmony, rhythm, jazz history, arranging and composition, and coaching rhythm and horn sections. We celebrate the origins of jazz, with opportunities to study African, Brazilian and Cuban music, and we focus on shaping the jazz of the future by nurturing creative composition, and collaborative projects and concepts. John Etheridge’s Blue Spirits The Blue Spirits Trio John is leading tonight is a classic guitar-led jazz organ trio and showcases the bluesier side of John’s musical repertoire.
Could You Be A Future Star On The Scottish Jazz And Blues Scene?
Alina Bzhezhinska returns to Kings Place with the HipHarpCollective to present her new album Reflections, a combination of Afro-harping, acid jazz, free-form experiment and Trip Hop. Maya Youssef is hailed as ‘queen of the qanun,’ the 78-stringed Middle Eastern plucked zither. Maya’s intense and thoughtful music is rooted in the Arabic classical tradition but forges pathways into jazz, Western classical and flamenco styles. Studying Jazz at Trinity Laban means you will never be short of places to perform.