The collection includes double basses, alto/tenor/baritone saxophones, and a wide range of brass instruments. There are permanent drum kits, amps and pianos located in all of our jazz rooms, and a number of drum kits, amps, PAs, microphones and keyboards available to book out for personal practice and external gigs . Situated at the heart of London’s thriving jazz scene, the department attracts acclaimed artists from across the globe who come to share their experience with you. Recent visiting artists include Steve Cardenas, Norma Winstone, Ethan Iverson, Marc Copland, Jonathan Kreisberg, Jed Levy, Julian Arguelles, Robert Mitchell, Judy Niemack, Phil Robson and Lorraine Baker.
With Pete Whittaker on organ, a superb accompanist as well as soloist and in demand drummer George Double. Sultan Stevenson Trio The trio can be characterised by being highly https://www.theresearchgopop.com/ interactive, they explore group improvisation. This concert will feature Sultan’s original compositions, many of which will soon be released on Sultan’s debut album.
Oslo Jazzfestival 2022
Check out our gallery to see where our students have performed in leading venues around London. To view the impressive organisations that our alumni have worked with, visitAlumni Destinations. The expat New York drummer taps into a post-Jungle jazz sound-world that traverses electronica,…
- Situated at the heart of London’s thriving jazz scene, the department attracts acclaimed artists from across the globe who come to share their experience with you.
- Celebrating the world’s greatest jazz, soul and blues from the world’s greatest artists.
- Nick Costley-White Trio Guitarist Nick Costley-White leads an all star cross-generational trio playing a unique selection of songbook classics and jazz standards.
- The expat New York drummer taps into a post-Jungle jazz sound-world that traverses electronica,…
- Though grounded in the jazz tradition, we are constantly looking forward and we invite you to draw on a wealth of diverse influences within these traditions, and reinterpret them in new ways as you find your individual voice.
- Nick performs extensively with his trio across the city and has developed a distinct and swinging ensemble sound with regular drummer Josh Morrison.
Binker Golding For this special, one-off performance the Elliot Galvin Trio will be playing brand new music with special guest Binker Golding. Tony Kofi’s Portrait of Cannonball Alto-sax master Tony Kofi fronts this loving celebration of the https://www.wikipedia.org/ giant Julian ‘Cannonball’ Adderley. With Andy Davies Alex Webb , Andy Champion and Alfonso Vitale the group traces the explosive music of Cannonball Adderley from his first session as leader in 1955 through work with Miles Davis to the soul-jazz of the 1960s. He performs with many different ensembles including the Elliot Galvin Trio and Dinosaur.
A Night Of Amy
In this special London Jazz Festival show, he brings his captivating collaboration with acclaimed pianist Zoe Rahman. Ensembles such as the RNCM Jazz Collective and Big Band provide opportunities to perform to public audiences throughout the year, with our Big Band regularly featuring distinguished guest artists. Recent vistors include pianists John Taylor, Gwilym Simcock, Alex Wilson, and Nikki Iles, guitarist Mike Walker, drummer Clark Tracey, trumpeter Ryan Quigley, and singers Clare Teal and Matt Ford.
Soul City Club Night:soul City: Disco, House & Soul Every Saturday
He released a critically acclaimed debut album ‘Dreamland’ in 2014 and was awarded European Young Jazz Musician of the Year 2014. Upon joining Trinity Laban’s Jazz Department, you will enter a vibrant and dynamic community of improvisers. Though grounded in the jazz tradition, we are constantly looking forward and we invite you to draw on a wealth of diverse influences within these traditions, and reinterpret them in new ways as you find your individual voice. We will support you as you develop as a musician, an improviser and an innovative performing artist, enabling you to reach your full creative potential.